Admissions Officer, Concordia Seminary
Concordia Seminary serves church and world by providing theological education and leadership centered in the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ for the formation of pastors, missionaries, deaconesses, scholars, and leaders in the name of The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Concordia Seminary is currently engaged in a search for a Full-Time Admissions Officer to work in their Enrollment Office.
A team position primarily responsible for admission of residential Ministerial Formation students in the Master of Divinity, Alternate Route, and Deaconess programs, as well as contextual students in the Specific Ministry Pastor, General Pastor Certification, and Online Deaconess programs; develop annual goals and written plans, implement various individual and group off- and on-campus events; recruit from the field through trips to meet prospective students; foster an awareness of vocation and the process of discernment.
- Develop and foster positive relationships with potential, prospective and newly admitted students, including providing timely responses and ongoing communications to ensure they have the information they need.
- Will schedule and execute recruitment travel in collaboration with the Enrollment Team and at the direction of the Associate Provost.
- Will collaborate with the other Ministerial Formation Admissions Officer by dividing the United States into two halves and each covering one-half of the country in recruitment and admissions of prospective students.
- Will represent the Department at various social and academic functions on- and off- campus, including all official Seminary events.
- Will work with the Enrollment Team during all visitation and orientation events to welcome and inform all participants.
- Inform faculty and staff to engage them in the admissions process.
- Will collaborate with the Director of Recruitment to develop and maintain relationships with pastors, district presidents, CUS/Valparaiso pre-seminary directors, high school administrators, lay people, etc. to identify and recruit students.
- Will serve as part of the Enrollment Team to develop best practices and flawless tracking of inquiries and applicants.
- Will maintain accurate and clear documentation of each inquiry and applicant in Slate and PowerCAMPUS.
- Will compose concise summaries of assigned applicants for the Admissions Committee.
- Maintain accurate and complete accounting of all travel and business expenses.
- Attend all meetings as directed by the Associate Provost.
- Attend admissions committee meetings as an ex officio
- Preach and conduct worship services at the invitation of the Dean of Chapel.
- Represent the Seminary at District and Synodical Conventions, youth events, and other events as directed.
- Master of Divinity from an LCMS seminary, preferably Concordia Seminary, Saint Louis.
- Five (5) years parish experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod and its congregations and mission.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skilled in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, PowerCAMPUS, Questionmark, and other technology as required and trained.
As a Seminary of the LCMS, we retain the right to give preference in employment on the basis of religion. Additionally, we reserve the right to give preference in employment to ordained and commissioned ministers who are listed on the official roster of the LCMS.
Please submit resume in confidence to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=ca8be22e-3f9c-45e5-a59d-767683524b71&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US